Once summer comes rolling around, I have to make some sort of tomato mozzarella salad. Sweet, fresh tomatoes pair so beautifully with the creamy cheese and fresh basil, but you know what makes it even better? Some grilled peaches. And some corn. And an incredibly delicious pistachio herb vinaigrette. Throw it all together and you have this glorious grilled peach, tomato, and corn salad. This, for me, is the definition of a great summer salad. If only I could make this year-round!
Grilled Peach, Tomato, and Corn Salad
Pistachio herb vinaigrette
- ¼ cup pistachios chopped
- ¼ cup basil fresh
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
Grilled peach, tomato, and corn salad
- 3 yellow peaches pit removed, halved
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 corn on the cob shucked
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella sliced
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil
- 2 tablespoon fresh mint
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Make the pistachio herb vinaigrette. Chop the pistachios and basil. Combine with 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, and ¼ cup olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the cut peaches in 1-2 tablespoon olive oil. Grill the peaches until grill marks appear, about 4-5 minutes. Flip and grill on the other side until grill marks appear, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a saute pan. Saute the corn kernels until slightly charred, slightly occasionally. Season with salt.
- Assemble the salads. Arrange the grilled peaches on a plate followed by the sauteed corn, cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and shallots. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil on top and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle fresh basil and mint on top and serve with the raspberry balsamic vinaigrette.
**Helpful tips and common mistakes
If you're like me, the last thing I want to do is slave away in an 80-degree kitchen. Luckily, all you have to do for this grilled peach, tomato, and corn salad is grill some peaches and cook some corn. If you just so happen to be grilling for a barbecue, this salad would be the perfect accompaniment.
I used yellow peaches since white peaches are much more delicate but you can also use nectarines. Cut the peaches in half and remove the pit. Toss them in olive oil and place them on the grill until grill marks appear. Flip the peaches over and grill on the other side until grill marks appear.
You can cook the corn on the grill but since I was cooking the peaches on a grill pan indoors, I sauteed the kernels on a pan.
Now for the dressing. I'm not going to sugar coat it. This pistachio herb vinaigrette is money. I love adding nuts to my salads so why not add it right to the salad dressing? Whisk together chopped pistachios with fresh basil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, a touch of dijon mustard, and olive oil. Season it with salt and pepper and there you have it.
Toss the grilled peaches with the sauteed corn, cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced shallots, fresh basil and mint, and the pistachio herb vinaigrette. Isn't she a beauty?
I just love all the different textures and flavors that this grilled peach, tomato, and corn salad has to offer. I'll be having this salad on repeat for the next couple of months!
For more salad inspiration check out this tomato nectarine burrata salad!
Leave a Reply