Fourth of July is just around the corner, two days away to be exact. For the holiday weekend, I'm whisking away to Temecula enjoying a little vacation with friends. Barbecues, swimming, wine, and good company...can you sense my excitement? I haven't been on a vacation for over a year now - I think it's about time I get one! To get ready for this weekend, I'm bringing a batch of these amazing s'mores banana sandwich melt. I've seen almost every form of s'mores but I have yet to see a grilled sandwich with banana. It's just as easy to put together as the traditional s'mores but possibly, just possibly, might be tastier.
S'mores Banana Sandwich Melt
- 8 slices bread
- ½ cup nutella
- 2 bananas peeled and sliced
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoon butter softened
- Spread butter on one side of all the sliced bread. Flip the bread over and spread 1 tablespoon Nutella per bread. Set aside half of the sliced prepared bread.
- Lay the sliced banana on the Nutella side of the remaining 4 slices of bread. Sprinkle 2 tablespoon marshmallows in an even layer. Stack with the reserved prepared bread to create a sandwich, buttered side facing up.
- Heat a griddle or nonstick pan over medium heat. Lay sandwiches on the pan and heat until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and heat on the other side until golden brown and the Nutella and marshmallows begin to melt. Remove from heat and serve.
**Helpful tips and common mistakes
S'mores banana sandwich melt, a little Nutella, marshmallow, and banana sandwiched in crusty bread, how can you go wrong? All my childhood (and adulthood) favorite items in one bite!
This recipe works well with thick crust bread and can be prepared without the banana. Although the s' mores sandwich melt is great without banana, the fruit adds a juicy component to the sandwich and makes it that much tastier.
I'm drooling just looking at these pictures...prepare to make a large batch because these s'mores banana sandwich melts will run out quickly!
For more dessert inspiration check out these banana egg rolls with salted caramel!